Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Too..

We are currently in the depths of everything being "Too..." Too yuck.  Too hot.  Too small.  Too big.  Too noisy.  Too anything.  Even if it doesn't make sense, it will be too something. 

Sometimes a simple request can result in her digging into her brain recesses to ascertain what word will follow her shrill cry of "Too.."


Some days it truly is the breaking of me.

This morning, as the rain pelted down and even Tessa-dog looked at me almost rolling her eyes.. As IF I am going out in THAT.  I decided to call it a home-day and pretend that we were camping in the lounge room.  I know, great idea huh?  I pulled all the chairs into the lounge room, sourced some sheets and set to read some stories under our make shift tent.



No way.  Tent too yuck.



My spirit cracked.


::



At the start of the week, when things were only on the moderate scale of being "too" -  we decided a bit of baking wouldn't go astray.  Found a tried and true recipe that could involve Miss Masterchef 2012 without making my eyes go all teary from the pure overload of butter smeariness on my benches.


* I have probably shared this recipe before.. but it's a winner.  And winners are grinners.

225g (8oz) Self raising flour
pinch of salt
100g (4oz) butter
100g (4oz) caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten.  
Milk
Jam and the like.


one.  Heat oven to 200 degrees. Grease or line a baking tray
two. Mix flour and salt, rub in butter.  Stir in the sugar
three.  Mix to a stiff dough with the egg.  Add just enough milk if it's too crumbly.  Gah. Toooo crumbly.




four. Roll into walnut sized balls.  Or in my case, blobs. Indent the middle of each with a spoon and fill with random stuff you have lugged from the pantry.  FYI Currants? No deal.  Choc sprinkles? Winner. My personal fav?  Raspberry Jam.  Nom.


five. Bake those bad boys for 10 minutes.. or less depending on your crunchiness factor.




::



This afternoon, we broke the cycle of "Too.." by chucking on some fabulous dance-off music and jumped around the lounge room like the loonies we are.

Because, if you can't beat them, join them.





5 comments:

  1. oooh! I have been trying to think of something to do with B-Man to lure him away from The Sims... I think that recipe may be it!

    And, a dance off is always a winner to break the negative "no" (or in your case "too")... definitely changes the mood in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too tenty! Biscuits look great, wish I could pop around :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When she gets a little older she will totally rock the tent! You are an awesome Mum... and this TOO shall pass :) (gosh I am so witty sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Loz, she is wearing you out at the moment isnt she! What is with toddlers and their complete defiance to everything just for the sale of it?

    Thanks for sharing that recipe too. (he heh) The jam ones look yummo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU!

Please Sir..Can I have some more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HOW OLD?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers